Friday, November 18, 2011

Review: Divinity


Divinity
Divinity by Bryl R. Tyne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

Very well written short story (it didn't feel short while reading it) about a commitment shy vampire and his current co-worker who seems to be weaving some sort of spell on him (with lollipops!).

Not sure if these are considered spoilers, but just in case;



There was an undercurrent of...something that I just couldn't put my finger on, but worked so well with this story; I think it was Mesmer/Anton's nefarious plans for Martin. Though Martin was without his own set of issues, since the story is told with his POV, I felt more for him than Mesmer. I wasn't too sure I wanted the main characters to even be together by the end; it was definitely a love/hate relationship! It will be an interesting eternity for these two, that's for sure. :)





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment